On this page you will find: Magnesium Bath ‘recipes’, Creams, Lotions, Supplements and Related Components & Cofactors which Accompany the Magnesium Protocol
- Breastfeeding Mothers: take your weight in pounds (lbs) plus + your baby’s weight in lbs and take this # and x multiply by 5 and this equals the total # of mgs of magnesium for you to work your way up to, for maintenance level of magnesium. Don’t forget magnesium’s cofactors! Go to Main Magnesium page for more!
- Formula-Fed Babies and Infant Health
- (Link to Main Magnesium Page)
- Formula Fed Babies: Ideas to Enrich Infant Health
- Sleep Suggestions
- Infant Reflux and Babywearing: A Happy Coexistence
- Supplement Protocol for Babies Eating Solids
- Digging for Root Cause: Infant Reflux Issues in the Toddler Years
Epsom Salt Baths and Magnesium ‘Oil’ Baths
(magnesium chloride ‘flakes’ become ‘oil’)
- Alternate between mag oil baths 2-3 times a week and Epsom 2-3 times a week; never mix them.
- Epsom salt is only absorbed for around 20 minutes before the body excretes it.
- Some find mag chloride to be much more beneficial.
Christy M., writes: Mine was hyper immediately after the first 2 times only. You’re only supposed to do it 2-3 times a week though, so I’d space it out AND you want to work up slowly to 1/2 cup max of Epsom at that age and also ensure you add 1/2 cup baking soda. If you start high, it can throw off other electrolytes so supplementing electrolytes and keeping hydrated may help. I give mine coconut water/juice or Seeking Health brand optimal electrolyte powder.