If you’ve come across this: I’m working on it!
- If you’re breastfeeding, really most nutrients should make their way to your baby via your breastmilk. However, there are some things you might want to add.
- Formula fed babies also should get most of their nutrients form their formula, but yet there are some things you might want to supplement. Formula Fed Babies: Ideas to Enrich Infant Health
- Solid Food Tips & Information
- Fish Oil is known to be good for the brain. However, not all are created equally. With fish oil it’s important to be mindful if it’s molecularly distilled, as some contain dangerous contaminants!
- Some people need to take the enzyme lipase with their fish oils to help break it down. I think this indicates fat malabsorption?
- VITAMIN D: get out in the sun! This app is free and let’s you optimize your soaking up your D, naturally! D minder
- Probiotics Digestive Enzymes and More
- Probiotic foods: Kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, that Japanese fermented soy stuff, etc.
- Diet: consider grain, dairy, soy and sugar free diet for baby
- Magnesium for the Littles
- Magnesium for the Breastfeeding Mother
- Super Folate (calcium folinate) liquid-designs for health brand, which has B 12: 1-2 drops of 400 mcg super folate. It may be important to note though, that they are calcium folinate aka FOLINIC ACID not methylfolate.
- A good brand (possibly the only brand) of methylfolate in liquid format is by Metabolics and it’s a UK based company. The page’s description from their site actually summarizes it well for newbies, so this link is a good resource. http://www.metabolics.com/methyltetrahydrofolate-100ml.html Keep reading further down and learn more!
- Vitamic C- needs to be Whole Food Vitamin C
Ok so here is what I [friend of infantreflux] am doing for baby. I guess you can call it my biomed protocol. Most was started between 8 months -11months, out of necessity, when increasing solids caused constipation. We finally have good poop now and I think it’s all helping. So we will continue with everything because there are other health benefits anyway. As you know, diet is the foundation for nutrition, so I’m trying to use mostly food as sources for nutrients and supplements only where that’s not possible. She is still breastfed on demand at home and when we go out nurses every 3hrs. She eats solids at least 2x a day, some days 3x. Her diet is paleo aka grain free including both Baby Led Weaning style food and puréed foods. She gets 1/4 cap B complex (dr best) mixed with 2 tsp cold pressed watermelon juice [for electrolytes] & 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil (organic virgin unrefined cold pressed, in a jar not plastic) in morning. 1 tsp aloe vera juice mixed with 1/2 dropper trace minerals [we have RO water] in the afternoon. 1/4 tsp probiotics (Klaire labs therbiotic infant) mixed w 2 tsp cold pressed carrot juice [for enzymes] & 1/2 tsp DHA fish oil (Nordic Naturals) in the evening. The following foods are always in rotation & eaten often: chia seeds [omegas], avocados and strawberries [folate], eggs [choline], bananas [potassium], prunes [boron], broccoli [calcium], spinach and kale [iron], cherries [vit c]…Daily: She gets 1 serving of veggies that are soaked in ACV. I put lemon in her water [for liver support], & her sippy cup is 6 oz, but she usually drinks 2 – 3oz. And I just started 1tsp blk alkaline water for fulvic trace minerals. I also just started 1/2 tsp organic hemp seed oil [omegas] . Every other day: 1 – 2oz of cultured coconut milk yogurt with xtra probiotics mixed in (Flora Udo’s choice infant). 1 tsp coconut water kefir. Twice a week: mag oil sprayed on soles of feet. Once a week: Epsom salt bath. I am going to make mag water soon for myself. If her poop gets bad again I will give her some too. I just ordered her a liquid folate that includes b12 (Designs for health brand). Starting dose will be .25ml (200mcg) and I will slowly work up to 1.5ml (1200mcg) over time. My plan is to add cod liver oil (Nordic Naturals) after that. And in September I will start giving everyone vit C powder mixed in elderberry syrup to boost immune system during back to school flu shot shedding season. I’m also trying to find a cold pressed green juice that doesn’t contain cilantro or chlorella but every one I’ve looked at so far does. My aunt said she will give me her juicer which I don’t think is as good as cold pressed but it might be the only way I could make green juice for us. Adding trace minerals, whole food vit C and mag glycinate. I think the fish oil and hemp oil help too. And I’m not 100% sure on this yet but I believe the B vitamins are playing a part in keeping her regular. *adding this: We’re not using DFH super liquid folate anymore only because I needed to find a cheaper solution (it’s still a great option!). Since both baby and I are taking it (& sometimes I give it to my boys) this Biotics brand supplement is a better source of folinic acid for us. Tablets are 5mg each, so I’m able to break one into many doses. I give baby 1/6 tab and crush it up then mix into food. This supplement also includes a small amount of mb12 as well as SOD & catalase. However, I give her more mb12 in addition to this. And, I give her methylfolate, too, the same way; I break up a piece of my tablet and crush it up. I know she definitely has at least one copy of MTHFR, but I’m treating as if she’s compound hetero like I am.”