Please contribute! Pay it forward!
You know the expression, “hindsight is 20/20!” Hindsight: the knowledge and understanding that you have about an event only after it has happened.
Hopefully you have some words of wisdom to share, now that it’s all (or mostly!) in hindsight!
Suggestions of what/how to write your contribution:
- write a letter to your “reflux-days” self or
- write a letter to a newcomer to the situation or
- write a list of bulleted items or
- write something free-flowing
Some ideas to keep in mind while writing (but please write whatever you want!!) :
- What worked/what did not? What helped/what did not?
- What did you learn? From whom, from where?
- How did you ‘measure’ success or know it was a ‘fail?’
- Did you breastfeed? Formula? If you breastfed: did you try altering your diet? How? What did you do? What were the results?
- If you formula-fed: did you switch? why? was it helpful? Tell all you can about this process!
- How did you approach your doctor(s)? Who was/were your doctor(s)? Review!!? HONEST: the good, the bad, the ‘eh…’
- Did you try anything holistic? Did you try any natural or alternative approaches? Probiotics or digestive enzymes? Chiropractic care? Anything?
- When and how did you start solids? How was it?
- What words of advice do you have?
- Are there any products that helped? Examples: Bottles, swaddling, car seat, swing, babywearing, white noise machine? Wedge for sleeping? Books? More?
Current & Future Babies, and their Families, THANK YOU for helping them with your words of wisdom!!