Kendra had her allergy appoinment today.
She was diagnosed with Atopic demartitis (whic i already knew she had). She had blood work done and the skin prick testing done and they were negative. this mean she does not have a IgE(type I) or inmediate allergy, but more of a delayed allergy(type IV). The allergist said this was good news as this type of allergy will very likely be outgrown. My problems is this: i asked him about doing the patch skin testing (which i read is very accurate in detecting type IV allergy) so we can re introduce solids and i of course avoid the suspected ones.He said this test was very “investigational” and that he didn’t trust it all the way. then his advice about solids was: ‘give it the particular food to her, even if she gets a rash b/c it might not be the food causing it, but more just a flare up as AD is hard to control sometimes. He said to give it a full week before stopping it and if she still has the rash on her face, stop it wait until it clears up and reintroduce. Ok this sounds like a good plan, but I AM AFRAID TO MAKE HER really SICK by trying this or worse causing a GI bleed with a food i know gives her rash on her face. of course she won’t have any meat, dairy, eggs white,wheat or corn, or soy for a while. He kind got a point, i didn’t want to insist too much on this visit as i want to get to know him first. i want to get teh test done any ways for my peace of mine.
We had the first test with a different allergist whom was very unhelpful
what do you guys think?
i want to try solids slowly, mostly veggies, and fruits and some carbs, but not so sure, specially with her DGE.
Thanks ahead for any help.