We try to have parents, like you, recommend their doctors (please use the Directory and Contact Us with your recommendations, too). Sometimes, though, it is necessary to have research available to share with your health care provider. Here is a PPI Dosing Memo to review and share (link to printable version is on the page). Here is the link to the PPI Dosing. Here is the link to (Dosing and) Administration of the PPIs And here is the link to the Research Articles, Abstracts & References page.
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Utilization Patterns in Infants. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2007: 45;421-427
- Heyman M, Zhang W, Huang B, Y C., Amer F, Winter H. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of lansoprazole in children 13 to 24 months old with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2007, 44, (1), 35-40.
- Phillips JO, Burnett J, Siddiqi S, Bothwell M. Pediatric patients have shorter lansoprazole half life than previously reported. American Journal of Gastroenterology 2007; 102, (s2), S548. (click for abstract or download poster)
- Zhao J, Li J, Hamer-Maansson J, Andersson T, Fulmer R, Illueca M, Lundborg P. Pharmacokinetic properties of esomeprazole in children aged 1 to 11 years with symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a randomized, open-label study. Clinical Therapeutics 2006, 28, (11), 1868-76.
- Freston J, Pilmer B, Chiu Y, Wang Q, Stolle J, Griffin J, Lee C. Evaluation of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of intravenous lansoprazole. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2004, 19, 1111-1122.
- Gremse D, Winter H, Tolia V, Gunasekaran T, Pan W, Karol M, Chiu Y, Pilmer B, Book L. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of lansoprazole in children with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2002, 35, (November/December), S319-S326.
- Gunasekaran T, Gupta S, Gremse D, Karol M, Pan W, Chiu Y, Keith R, Fitzgerald J. Lansoprazole in adolescents with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, symptom relief efficacy, and tolerability. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2002, 35, (November/December), S327-S335.
- Mainz D, Borner K, Koeppe P, Kotwas J, Lode H. Pharmacokinetics of lansoprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin after simultaneous and single administration. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2002, 50, 699-706.
- Tran A, Rey E, Pons G, Pariente-Khayat A, d’Athis P, Sallerin V, Dupont C. Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic study of oral lansoprazole in children. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2002, 71, 359-67.
- Ammon S, Treiber G, Kees F, Klotz U. Influence of age on the steady state disposition of drugs commonly used for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2000, 14, 759-766.
- Phillips JO, Bettag ME, Parsons DS, Wilder B, Metzler MH. Use of flavored lansoprazole or omeprazole suspensions in pediatric GERD. [Abstract A1292] Gastroenterology 2000; 118: 5904.
- Phillips JO, Parsons DS, Fitts SW. Flavored lansoprazole suspension in pediatric GERD. [Abstract] Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2000; 31:S181. [Abstract No. 707].
- Flouvat B, Delhotal-Landes B, Cournot A, Dellatolas F. Single and multiple dose pharmacokinetics of lansoprazole in elderly subjects. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1993, 36, 467-469.
- Gunasekaran TS, Hassall EG. Efficacy and safety of omeprazole for severe gastroesophageal reflux in children. Journal of Pediatrics 1993; 123:148-154.
- Hussein Z, Granneman G, Mukherjee D, Samara E, Hogan D, Koss M, Isenberg J. Age-related differences in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of lansoprazole. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1993, 36, 391-398