- Breastfeeding Mothers: take your weight in lbs plus your baby’s weight in lbs and take this # and multiply by 5 and this equals the total # of mgs of magnesium for you to work your way up to, for maintenance level of magnesium. Don’t forget magnesium’s cofactors! Go to Main Magnesium page for more!
- Formula-Fed Babies and Infant Health
- (Link to Main Magnesium Page)
Epsom Salt Baths and Magnesium ‘Oil’ Baths
(magnesium chloride ‘flakes’ become ‘oil’)
- Alternate between mag oil baths 2-3 times a week and Epsom 2-3 times a week; never mix them.
- Epsom salt can be viewed as a ‘detoxer’ and is only absorbed for around 20 minutes before the excretes it.
- Some find mag chloride to be much more beneficial.
Christy M., writes: Mine was hyper immediately after the first 2 times only. You’re only supposed to do it 2-3 times a week though, so I’d space it out AND you want to work up slowly to 1/2 cup max of Epsom at that age and also ensure you add 1/2 cup baking soda. If you start high, it can throw off other electrolytes so supplementing electrolytes and keeping hydrated may help. I give mine coconut water/juice or Seeking Health brand optimal electrolyte powder.