If you’ve come across this: I’m working on it!
- If you’re breastfeeding, really most nutrients should make their way to your baby via your breastmilk. However, there are some things you might want to add.
- Formula fed babies also should get most of their nutrients form their formula, but yet there are some things you might want to supplement. Formula Fed Babies: Ideas to Enrich Infant Health
- Fish Oil is known to be good for the brain. However, not all are created equally. With fish oil it’s important to be mindful if it’s molecularly distilled, as some contain dangerous contaminants!
- Some people need to take the enzyme lipase with their fish oils to help break it down. I think this indicates fat malabsorption?
- VITAMIN D: get out in the sun! This app is free and let’s you optimize your soaking up your D, naturally! D minder
- Probiotics Digestive Enzymes and More
- Probiotic foods: Kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, that Japanese fermented soy stuff, etc.
- Diet: consider grain, dairy, soy and sugar free diet for baby
- Magnesium for the Littles
- Magnesium for the Breastfeeding Mother
- Super Folate (calcium folinate) liquid-designs for health brand, which has B 12: 1-2 drops of 400 mcg super folate
Ok so here is what I [friend of infantreflux] am doing for baby. I guess you can call it my biomed protocol. Most was started between 8mo-11mo out of necessity, when increasing solids caused constipation. We finally have good poop now and I think it’s all helping. So we will continue with everything because there are other health benefits anyway.
As you know, diet is the foundation for nutrition so I’m trying to use mostly food as sources for nutrients and supplements only where that’s not possible. She is still breastfed on demand at home and when we go out nurses every 3hrs. She eats solids at least 2x a day, some days 3x. Her diet is paleo aka grain free including both Baby Led Weaning style food and puréed foods.