Home › Forums › Infant Reflux Support › HELP!!! › endoscopy tuesday!!….
- This topic has 37 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years, 1 month ago by
Anonymous.
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 10, 2006 at 10:50 am #13258
Anonymous
InactiveBUT, she has a cold!!! (Of course, I knew it would happen- just our luck). It says on the sheet that I should call if she’s sick, but we’ve been waiting for SO long for this test, that I refuse to cancel it. I know if I call, they’ll say they won’t do it, whereas if we go, then maybe they’ll think she’s fine to do it.
Did any of your little ones have colds when they had their scopes done? Did the doc say that’s okay? I know they don’t like to do the anaesthesia here when they’re congested.
Though I knew it would probably happen, Sarah’s got a cold, I still can’t believe it (sigh)…
September 10, 2006 at 11:00 am #13260Anonymous
Inactivei don’t think that a minor cold is reason to cancel a surgery procedure.
September 10, 2006 at 11:40 am #13263Anonymous
InactiveYou have waited so long. I would just bring her and see what they say when they see her. Good luck. I hope it goes well!!
September 10, 2006 at 12:52 pm #13265Anonymous
InactiveYes, I’d just bring her too. They will probably do the procedure if it’s only a cold. Good luck.
September 10, 2006 at 1:18 pm #13270Anonymous
InactiveI definitely plan on bringing her! But, I know when she had her EEG, I called (like it says on the sheet) to tell them that she had a cold, and they said that they wouldn’t do it. The second time, I didn’t call (even though she had a bit of a cold), and the nurse said “Oh, she sounds quite congested”… I just said she’s always a bit congested. And that was only sedation, not general anaesthesia. They go quite extreme here in terms of testing… the test is being done in the surgical day unit in the operating room, which is why it takes so long to book. I swear if they try refuse to do it and try to rebook us (in another 6 months), I’m going to scream!
September 10, 2006 at 2:15 pm #13278Anonymous
InactiveAs long as she has no fever, you should be fine. Good luck and let us know how it goes!! Good thing is you will get some answers (ie if there damage, which i hope there isn’t or any irritation!!)
September 10, 2006 at 4:04 pm #13280Anonymous
InactiveThanks Thais. I certainly hope (pray?) that there’s not any irritation at this point… I don’t think there is. For some reason, I also don’t really expect any answers, but it’s something that I need to do after all this time. For some reason, I think she has a hiatal hernia, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re no further ahead after the scope. Maybe it’s just the pessimist in me talking after this whole crazy experience.
September 10, 2006 at 7:14 pm #13285Anonymous
InactiveLori – I hope Hailey feels better before Tuesday, and they can do the scope for her. I did have very high hope too when Brian had his scope, but they couldn’t find anything and it was a unpleasant experience for us. I hope everything goes smooth on Tuesday. How is Hailey doing in daycare? Please keep us posted.
September 10, 2006 at 8:06 pm #13288Anonymous
InactiveI agree with everyone – I think they will/should still do the procedure if it’s
just a minor cold – maybe clean her nose out with some saline right before?
Good luck and keep us posted. I hope she feels better soon.knb182006-9-10 20:34:40
September 10, 2006 at 9:17 pm #13302Anonymous
InactiveI just read the sheet more clearly, and it says right at the top in big bold print:
“Be sure to call the ASCU if your child has a cold, cough, fever, or vomitting. The procedure may not be able to be done if your child is sick.”
Well, all I can say is that we’ve waited for so long that I’m not stopping now. Unfortunately, it’s quite a “gunky” cold… the kind where she sneezes, and her whole face is suddenly covered in snot. I doubt she’ll be even remotely recovered by Tuesday, but I don’t want them to cancel if I call. I’m thinking of giving her tylenol cold or benadryl in the early morning so she’s not that bad. Do you think that’s okay? The test isn’t until 2pm, and she can have water up until 3 hrs before, nothing else 6 hours before.
s&h’s mum2006-9-10 21:18:33
September 10, 2006 at 9:31 pm #13304Anonymous
Inactivei wouldn’t give her any benadryl or other cold ;meds the day of the procedure unless that is ok’d by a doc. the extra sedation might not be a good idea.
September 10, 2006 at 10:14 pm #13310Anonymous
InactiveLori:
Sure hope the test goes well for her on Tuesday and you can find the answers you need and deserve to get after this long wait!! I’ll be thinking about you guys!!
Robin
September 11, 2006 at 9:25 am #13327Anonymous
InactiveGood Luck!!!
September 11, 2006 at 9:37 am #13329Anonymous
InactiveGood luck Lori – hope it all goes well. How is Hailey feeling today?
September 11, 2006 at 2:39 pm #13360Anonymous
InactiveLori,
I wouldn’t worry a bit about it. My daughter had a scope done and she had a cold and I actually called and told the Dr and he said not to worry about it. 🙂 Good luck and let us know how things go!
-
AuthorPosts
- The forum ‘HELP!!!’ is closed to new topics and replies.
