Home › Forums › Just For Fun › Stuff I Just Want to Talk About › fever with no other symptoms?
- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years, 1 month ago by
Anonymous.
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 23, 2006 at 3:30 pm #12089
Anonymous
InactiveI was just wondering how long you’d let this go without going to the doc. She woke up with the fever yesterday (Tuesday morning). It was about 103, and we kept it around 100 with meds. She woke up with normal temp (after a very restless night, which is pretty common around here, but it was worse than usual). Since the temp was normal, I didn’t give her anything. She was in decent spirits today, but temp was around 99.8, so I gave her a tylenol suppository (YUCK, I know, but she won’t swallow the oral) at around 1:00. Still no other symptoms.
How long should I let things go before taking her to the doc? The only things I can think of are ear infection or UTI. Our doc was away this morning, and I didn’t want to go during naptime so I didn’t call. (I know you’ll probably tell me to take her to check it out, and I guess I know I should… I just hate to drag her there for nothing. They’re SO busy and make you wait forever, not to mention that she hates the office and goes crazy).
August 23, 2006 at 3:38 pm #12090Anonymous
Inactivesorry not much advice…do her ears look red inside or is there any fluid that you can see?
have you noticed any blood in the urine? (i know you dont have to have blood though necessarily with a UTI)
does she seem like she’s in pain or anything?
August 23, 2006 at 3:42 pm #12091Anonymous
InactiveI typically will let a fever go 4 days or so if it is reasonable and controlled with meds.
Most times it is a virus and then you just end up sitting in a germ infected waiting room at the doctor’s office for them to tell you to “let it run it’s course” or “call back if they are not better in another couple of days”……..
August 23, 2006 at 3:48 pm #12093Anonymous
InactiveThanks. Nothing I can tell is wrong. And yes, I do worry about the germ infested office, but didn’t want anyone to think I’m paranoid. For some bizzare reason, our doc always try to console Hailey by holding her and putting her up against his shoulder. It just freaks her out, not to mention that it’s the same shoulder that every kid has wiped their snotty nose on! Right now it’s pretty low grade with the meds. Ah, the joys of parenting…
August 23, 2006 at 3:55 pm #12094Anonymous
InactiveLiza and Ellie have both had fevers that lasted 4-5 days with no other symptoms. If she’s not acting like somthing’s hurting her, I’d wait a little while longer. It’s probaby almost run it’s course now since the fever is lower today.

It seems like evertime I take my kids to the doctor for anything, they end up with something else.

ndrose2006-8-23 15:55:56
August 23, 2006 at 3:58 pm #12095Anonymous
InactiveMarisa’s had fever with no symptoms too. We only brought her this last time
because the fever was so high and not going down much with Motrin. Is she
teething? Molars? I’d probably go to the doctor if she still has a fever after 5
days.
August 23, 2006 at 4:00 pm #12096Anonymous
InactiveI hate fevers b/c you never know what the heck is going on. Emma has had one UTI (i used to have them all the time) and her temp went up to 103 but she was very cranky and irratible with no other sypmtoms, almost inconsolable, and urine looked fine. Normally if she has a low grade fever it is always teething and I can look and/or feel around and always find a swollen tooth, so I would definetly check for that. The 2 times she has had ear infections she had a low grade fever and very cranky, cries a lot. The only way I could tell b/w teething and ear infections was her attitude, she was much much worse with the ear infections. I can’t say not to go to the doc b/c if I don’t feel a tooth we pack up and go (she is not a sickly child). Everytime I took her to the doc something was wrong so I would feel really bad if I didn’t go!btrue2006-8-23 16:3:6
August 23, 2006 at 4:34 pm #12098Anonymous
InactiveThanks. I know I’m going to end up going in tomorrow. If it was low grade all the time, then I wouldn’t worry too much… could be teething, fighting off a virus etc. But since it was quite high yesterday, that’s why I’m second guessing myself. It shouldn’t go that high with teething. I don’t want to leave it until Friday because it’s always packed at the docs office on Friday. So if she has another night like tonight, then I’m sure I’ll be there tomorrow. That will be the third day.
Karen, what ended up being wrong with Marisa when she had the high fever?
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
