Home › Forums › Feeding Issues › General Feeding Issues › Neocate
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years, 10 months ago by
Anonymous.
-
AuthorPosts
-
December 19, 2006 at 8:51 pm #20752
Anonymous
InactiveI wasn’t sure if this should go under here or products. I just have some general questions about neocate. Should we switch cold turkey or do a 50/50 for a couple days? she is only 7wks so am not sure if she would notice a huge difference. I am going to continue the zantac for the trial period of this (good idea)? the ped just prescribed this for us today since her upper gi came back with nothing to tell about-(and we get it tomorrow-had a hard time finding it here in small town america)..can anyone share their experience with this formula? How long did it take to help? has anyone had success with this without a med for the flux? was there a major stool change (constipation/diarrhea)? Should we be seeing the allergist/gi doc since we are switching to this allready? will she probably have to delay solid start? Can I order this from the walmart pharmacy? I have read from the stickied post all that I can between my two busy kiddies and the need for sleep. sorry if I repeated a question that was answered there. oh, and if it turns out her allergies aren’t that severe, it still won’t hurt to keep her on this, eh? I know that avoidance of allergens helps the body forget them..this formula would be doing just that with the milk and soy?
Thanks for your help!December 28, 2006 at 3:40 pm #21210Anonymous
InactiveHi Sarah~
Addy is on Neocate and this is what we did and our experience with it….
We switched one oz every day until she was completely on Neocate (my dd has a very sensitive tummy though). I would definitely continue with the zantac if it is helping her bc Neocate can take up to 2 months or more to work in some severe cases but you may see results immediately. Addy took 2 months for all her symptoms to clear up after being on Neocate only at 7 months old. She is still on Zegerid for her reflux (omeprazole). Her stool is much more formed now…she had mucous in her stool before Neocate. You can order it at an pharmacy and you can get it off Ebay (the is a personal choice since its not coming directly from the manufacturer) or you can order it from http://www.neocate.com and it has free shipping and you won’t have to pay the pharmacy mark up. I would see a allergist or pedi GI just in case you run into more problems in the future, you are already an existing patient there. If I were you, I would delay solids since you know she has a sensitive tummy, but I would ask her doctor about that later…most advise to not start before 6 months with any kind of an allergy history but you can wait until 9 months..totally your call on that. It won’t hurt to keep her on Neocate but I would not keep her on it if she doesn’t need to be later on…..
I hope I answered all of your questions. Good luck!!!
December 28, 2006 at 4:32 pm #21218Anonymous
InactiveWe switched cold turkey. Alex didn’t seem to notice the difference. She went from total liquid, diarrhea-like stools to mild constipation almost immediately. The color also got darker and they smell awful!
I forgot to add that we decided to wait on solids and we just introduced her first solid food today.
pkkb2006-12-28 16:32:47
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
