Home › Forums › Infant Reflux Support › HELP!!! › 8 Week Old With Possible Sandifers
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by
hellbennt.
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 16, 2012 at 10:17 pm #70951
Anonymous
InactiveI’m new to this group, so I’m sorry if I’m posting in the wrong group.
Long story short, my 8 week old has a possible diagnosis of Sandifers. Diagnosed by the ER doctor at the local children’s hospital. I know he does have silent reflux. I took him to the children’s hospital ER Friday (2 days ago) because I thought he was having a seizure. ER doctor gave him a script for liquid Prilosec. I haven’t been able to get this yet because I need a compounding pharmacy for the liquid, and they are all closed on weekends around here.
I don’t want to just “settle” for this diagnosis. I want him looked at by a pediatric gastro doc. I am in San Diego. Does anyone know of a good doctor I can go to? Should I stick with the local children’s hospital? My hesitation is that it could take several months to ever get seen there. But maybe that would be the best place to go?
Feeling so lost and where to start. I mean, if he’s having seizures, and not Sandifers syndrome then he’ll need an EEG. Or, do I just keep him on the Prilosec and play the “wait and see” game. I hate thinking of him on medication he doesnt even need to be on.
September 17, 2012 at 9:53 am #70953Anonymous
InactiveI live in boring old Kansas so I can’t help you out with San Diego doctors. Sorry!
I have read about Sandifers and for the most part I think it is just a result of reflux. But if your baby is having true seizures then yes I’d get it checked out. If you get the reflux under control and the Sandifer symptoms go away then I’d say no need foe testing.
Please read my blog and you will find some helpful info!
Hope you find help for your little one soon!
September 20, 2012 at 7:26 pm #70973hellbennt
KeymasterLooking for GI: https://www.infantreflux.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=660
there are recommendations for ped GIs in your area…
Sandifers- my son had Sandifers! If you give a high dose of med & it stops – it’s Sandifers…I have a LOT to say and most of it’s here, in a link called ‘groupie intro.‘
it’s looong but TRULY will help you- read through it, refer back to it, scroll through it/skim through it. You’ll find yourself coming back to it!
https://www.infantreflux.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=853)you can do this!
please go to the top of this page, click on Settings and please then click on Edit Profile, then scroll down to
Signature & put:
baby (name if you want or nickname), age (can put month & yr of birth), meds, doses & forms of meds, breastfed or formula fed
thanks!
so glad you found us!
lauraSeptember 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm #70985hellbennt
Keymasterwaving “hello” to you

-
AuthorPosts
- The forum ‘HELP!!!’ is closed to new topics and replies.
